Feeling nausea, having pain around and above belly button. Has flu but no fever. Experiencing some detox symptoms?

Hi , I have an 11 yr old son who just started football yesterday. Right after conditioning he began feeling nautious. Today he is achy, feels nautious and is having pain around and above the belly button. He feels like he has the flu but no fever. Could he be experiencing some detox symptoms? I am worried about appendicitis?
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 43 minutes later
Hi dear.

Welcome to the health care magic.

With your hstory as described in you query. I can make out that
Cause of the pain and symptomatology could be,
*Stomach Infection,
Sudden strenous activity may also cause the soarness of muscle and its spasm.

To rule out appendicitis and stomach infection consultation with the general surgeon is a must.
General surgeon after examining the child may investigate him to explore other possibility and cofirmation of the diagnosis.

Hope your query is answered,

Please feel free for more clarification,