Feeling nausea and stomachache. Gallbladder removed. Diagnosed with pancreatitis. Taking remeron and zoloft

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Sick and miserable Im a 25 year old female. My height is 5'2" and I weigh 165lbs. I've been sick for over 2 years with nausea, vomiting, stomach pain. The hospital just found out 5 months ago that my gallbladder was bad. So they took it out. A week after my surgery the same thing happened. And I ended back at the hospital. They diagnosed me with pancretitis. It closed completely so they put a stint in my pancrease and took it out a week later. Im still having the same symptoms as before. The medicine they put me on is remeron 15 mg, zoloft 150mg, klonopin 5 mg/3 times a day, multi vitamin (cause my potassium and magnesium are so low) , protonix 2 times a day 40 mg, and zofran. I have 3 young children that im having a difficult time taking care of because no one can find anything else wrong with me. Please help me these doctors just don't do anything and im worried it could be something more serious. The doctors say I have too much white blood cells but they don't do any tests to find out why
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
I am really sorry when I hear that such young woman is so miserable. I am sure that you dont have any serious disease,but just one routine procedure cholecystectomy which has complicated and ow you and your doctors have to do everything to help you. It isnt unusual to develop pancreatitis after such procedure because surgery is done near pancreas and some of stones can get stuck in pancreatic duct. As you said they managed it on right way. You obviously have postcholecystectomy syndrome which can cause nausea,vomiting and fatigue especially considering that you had pancreatitis too. White blood count and inflammatory markers need some time to decrease to normal range. If this doesnt happen then reccurence of pancreatitis must be considered. This syndrome i ve mentioned is caused by bile secretion disorder after such procedures and usually few months and right diet will lead to new balance of bile secretion. So you just need to be patient. Avoid food which triggers your symptoms especially fats,alcohol and carbonated drinks.
Also it is not good for such young people to take these antidepressant,if you must take it then one of them is enough. I dont know who recommended this to you. These drugs also have digestion side effects. Better try to find organic cause of your symptoms. Do gastroscopy and colonoscopy or CT scan. Raised WBC can be caused by intraabdominal abscessus which can be seen on CT,ask your doctor about it.

Wish you good health. I ll be happy to answer if you have any question