Feeling nausea and passing yellow soft stool. Blood test done. Alcohol hepatitis?

Feeling sickI went to the doctor the other day , to see why i been having yellow soft stool she assumed it was alcohol hepatitis , waiting for blood to come back , but i been nausas sweating more and gassy , was puking vile last night , and have burps , but my liver is not swollen at all , it could be my anxiety Im only 27 dont drink everyday maybe weekends ,
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

An occasional variant of yellow soft stool can be safely regarded as normal. This does not necessarily make a doctor assume alcoholic hepatitis.

You are only 27, you drink may be in the weekends. How long have you been drinking alcohol? How much is the quantity that you drink on every occasion? What type of alcohol you consume?

Please get back to me with the answers to these specific queries.

I assume these symptoms are since last night. Were you on an alcohol binge last night?

It is too early for you to develop alcoholic hepatitis. Yes, it could be anxiety related.

Consider taking more fluids orally, antacids like TUMS or Omeprazole that are available over the counter.

Write back to me the blood reports when you get them.

Take care!
Follow-up: Feeling nausea and passing yellow soft stool. Blood test done. Alcohol hepatitis? 15 minutes later
I have had it for 4 weeks almost now the yellowish stool , thats how the doctor made my diagnoses cause i told her i had yellow stool since the night pf binge drinking, what i forgot to tell her was , i have gas , and burps and dull acke on right more towards lower back , sweating more , feeling hot no fever , i use to drink a 24 of beer a week or more till last year i slowed down, when this happend i had about 10 beers 4% she said my liver is not swollen , and when i went to the hospital 2 days after this started they said mu blood tests where normal , do now my doctor is doing hep tests and liver tests
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 minutes later

Thanks for the revert.

Your alcohol consumption history is not significant enough to cause Alcoholic hepatitis.

However, there are chances of liver inflammation though. Please go ahead in lines with your doctor on doing Hepatitis test and liver function tests.

Check for these values - serum Bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT, GGT, serum amylase, lipase, and also get an ultrasound of the liver done.

If these test reports are normal, then you are fine.

Consider, giving up alcohol or go for an occasional drink like wine which is cardio-protective. You are young and still have a long happy way to go.

Let me know if you need clarifications.