Feeling nausea and mild pain in head after injury. Is this a sign of internal bleeding?

I whacked top, right side of my head pretty hard on an overhead luggage compartment when boarding a train about 24 hours ago. I did not black out when I hit my head, but a couple seconds afterwards, I felt a wet sensation like blood or fluid rushing to the area of impact (there was no blood). It went away in a matter of seconds and I felt ok for the rest of the ride. I got home, put some ice on it and slept. Today I have a mild dull pains and occassional fleeting, pin-like pains where I hit my head, but there no bump. I have very mild naseau, but I think it is just from worrying about what that strange sensation was. Can you tell me if that wet feeling was a sign of internal bleeding or just a reaction to the unexpected hit? I would not be worried otherwise. Thank you!
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 7 hours later

I have gone through the history provided by you. Your symptoms are probably related to concussion injury to brain and to skull bone. Only time and observation will answer weather it is simple or require a serious attention.

What you need now is to have a rest and hopefully these symptoms will subside slowly. If they worsen, consult your doctor immediately. Watch out for loss of consciousness, bleeding or discharge from nose or ear, blurring of vision, repeated vomiting etc.

These symptoms and progress does not suggest internal bleeding and they are reaction to injury.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.