Feeling more hungry, get shivering if don't eat. Father is diabetic. Am I prone to diabetes?

Recently i am feeling more hungry, if i didn't had anything at that moment i am getting shivering. I just want to know that am i prone to diabetes.(My father is diabetic patient)
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 31 minutes later

There are three major symptoms of diabetes.

Polyphagia(Increased hunger).
Polydipsia(Increased thirst).
Polyuria(Increased frequency of urination).

Therefore, you have one of the major symptoms of (Polyphagia).
Secondly, you have strong family history diabetes.

Getting shivering is a sign of hypoglycemia due to increased insulin resistance in the body.

All of this strongly suggests more to Diabetes.

Do undergo Fasting and Postprandial blood sugar test and HbA1c test and get it conformed.

Hope the answer helps you. Pleased to answer other queries.