Feeling lump inside vagina. Hurts while removing tampon. What could it be?

May 2013
Hello. I have a lump that feels about 1.5cm wide inside my vagina. It is on the left hand side and sometimes makes removing a tampon hurt. What could it be? I have not had any children. It has been there for quite a while.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

according to your description the possibilities are,

-gartner's cyst: it occurs from remnants of mesonephric duct, gartner's duct will be present along the both walls of the vagina, cysts can form along the line of the duct which can present inside or at the opening of vagina.

bartholin cyst: bartholin gland will present on the inner side of labia which will help in lubrication, when the duct of the gland gets blocked it will lead to cyst formation when that becomes infected that can lead to abscess formation.

-inclusion cyst: which can occur due to any trauma at the area further forming cyst.

these lesions are not XXXXXXX unless they become infected but they can create troubles as you are having, so you once consult gynecologist and get examined to confirm the nature of the lump, depending on that treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.