Feeling lump in abdomen when bending over or lifting leg, cannot feel lump with fingers

when i bend over or lift my right leg, it feels like a golf or tennis ball inside my abd at about my beltline, just right of center about 4". however, i can feel NO lump using my fingers
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

In view of details it seems like you have a hernia in the inguinal region (beltline area).

Such hernias pop out when abdominal muscles are tout and reduce back when muscles are relaxed. Raising leg makes abdominal muscles tout and make hernia pop out. No lump can be felt once hernia has reduced.

A clinical evaluation and sonography can help to confirm this. So please consider seeing your doctor.