Feeling low on testosterone. Have sweaty hands and social phobia. What to do?

hello sir,

i am male 22 year old. i am 6 feet tall. i always had a feel that i am low of testosterone. i have developed during puberty (has axillary, pubic hair , slight beard growth). my penis is 6 inch long erect and testes measure 4cm long diameter. i have found that my body is developing more feminine. and my hips are getting wider along with fat deposition. my pant size increased, but my shirt size remains the same. i have sweaty hands and social phobia. also hot flush feeling. i have consulted a urologist 2 year back and he asked to test T, FSH, LH. result was pretty normal. i am embarrassed about my situation. please help me.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

I have gone through available details and also seen attached photos, why do you feel about low testosterone level? You have all the secondary sexual characters and your testes and private part is normal to lead normal life.

Your worry about deposition of fat around waist and thigh is not justified you should take care of diet and do some aerobic exercises like outdoor sports to get into shape.
Your phobia and sweaty hands points to anxiety but we should rule out thyroid disorder hence get FT3, FT4, and TSH levels. You can also repeat testosterone level just to be sure that it is normal.

Please do not lose heart; I would suggest about consulting a good Psychiatrist and discuss your issues .I am sure all your concerns can be easily resolved by proper psychotherapy and if required by appropriate drug therapy.

Hope this information is useful to you; please feel free to ask any follow up query, I will be happy to help you.

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Feeling low on testosterone. Have sweaty hands and social phobia. What to do? 40 minutes later
sir, thansk for the reply. i think i have decrease in libido. maybe due to my anxiety. right. and i started masturbating at age of 14 and i could see a decrease in semen volume. and i have been feeling curious about by body from early teen. my waist is 28 inches and hip circumference is 36 inches. that makes me feel bad, as its typical to a female.

have read about klinefelter's and marfans syndromes. will i be having these? also heard of isolated LH deficiency syndrome. also please tell me about normal testes dimension.

thank you sir
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 21 minutes later
Thanks for follow up,

You should understand masturbation is normal at your age, but remember excess is bad.
It is true due to anxiety you may feel in this way, take care of your diet and exercise with high protein and balanced diet you will gain weight.

Normal size of testes 5x2x3 cms also remember size may vary and there may be variation in level which is normal. It is very simple to get a scrotal sonography for exact measurements.

You have secondary sexual characters so Klinefelter syndrome is unlikely and Marfan syndrome the physician will examine you and then can decide.

Hope this information helps please keep me informed about progress.
I will be available for clarification if any.

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D
Follow-up: Feeling low on testosterone. Have sweaty hands and social phobia. What to do? 13 minutes later
sir, my testes is 4x3x2. that makes me a bit anxious.

as u've suggested i will check my thyroid and T levels. also will keep my body fit. thank you sir.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 19 minutes later

Even this testis size is normal and normal function is more important than size.
Please do not worry, get yourself tested and keep me informed about progress.

Hope I am able to address all your concerns, please rate my answer with good review before closing this discussion.

You can ask me directly in future

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.