Feeling low in energy. Suggest the diet plan to improve physical energy level?

I always feel low at energy level. Is there a way to improve physical energy? Can you give some suggestions? I am aware of emotional part of it but just wondering anything can be done to improve physical energy level. If I need to do some medical checks, let me know what are they. Anything to improve diet plan? Please let me know.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer..feeling low could be due to psychological or physical.
Detailed answer...
Feeling low in energy or fatigued feeling means that it doesn't go even after resting or sleep.
While fatigue could be due to anxiety,depression and stress or as a response to your bad habits and lifestyle like sleeping late,using lot of alcohol and drugs,using sleeping pills,poor eating habits etc,many a times it could be due to some underlying medical condition like anemia,hypothyroidism,diabetes,lack of VIT D,lack of VIT B 12,low testosterone levels etc.
You must consult a doctor and get investigated for above listed causes.
Till you consult your doctor,you can do the following...
Get enough sleep.
Avoid sleeping pills.
Limit caffeine and alcohol
Say no to drugs
Drink plenty of water
Take nutritious diet including fresh fruits,nuts,green vegetables,lean meats.
Avoid junk foods,deep fried foods and colas.
Do yoga and deep breathing exercises.
Do some regular aerobic exercises
And don't skip meals.
I hope it helps however,you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Feeling low in energy. Suggest the diet plan to improve physical energy level? 2 hours later
I follow healthy lifestyle ( no smoking, drinking, drugs etc) . What are the foods that can provide vit D , vit B 12 ?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Vitamin D is naturally found mainly in fatty fish,beef liver,egg yolks,cheese and certain mushrooms,oysters,caviar etc.However most of our VIT D is made in our body when it is exposed to sun.
In addition various foods like milk and orange juices are fortified by VIT D.
Similarly VIT B 12 is found naturally in animal products ,however,synthetic forms are widely available.
The animal products containing VIT B 12 are...Beef liver,red meat,fish,cheese,eggs,fortified soya products etc.
Follow-up: Feeling low in energy. Suggest the diet plan to improve physical energy level? 17 minutes later
Ok. I also recently had Mebendezole 100g * 2 for 5 days for de-worming but that didn't help me much. In case if you have any other tips to improve energy level , let me know.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
My emphasis would be to get yourself investigated thoroughly and once a deficiency or ailment is found,if any,then take the proper treatment for it.
You would be benefitted maximum by adopting a proper and rationale approach.
I hope it is clear to you.
Best of luck