Feeling lot of pain in heel and related muscles. Ayurvedic treatment?

Ayurveda Specialist
Feeling lot of pain in heel..and related muscels
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX and Ayurveda for your present condition, and going by the history you have provided let me furnish some further details:

1. Since duration is not mentioned, although will be highly desired from your side but such complaint usually is of longer duration.
2. Does your job/occupation demands long standing OR any repeated/excessive stress on foot?
3. Any ill/tight fitting shoes, OR indulged in excessive running/walking or any history of weight gain?
4. Pain is under the heel or behind it as diagnosis and treatment varies.
5. Did you visited any health care provider or a general surgeon (podiatrist) regarding your symptoms previously? If yes,what was the final outcome and if no, we have to rule out conditions associated with pain in heel like: plantar fascitis, calcaneal spur, tendinitis, arthritis, tarsal tunnel syndrome, foot corn, stress fracture or bursitis with relevant examination and investigations.
6. Have you noticed any discomfort while walking on the affected side, does this heel pain occurs continuously or during a specific time? Did you notice any discoloration or infection in the foot.
7. Preventive care can be suggested till further information:
Use of rubber heeled shoes OR with your normal shoes (flat) you can put or stick 3*3 inch sponge pad in the heel area of your footwear every time you walk or stand to get relief from your pain.

Alternate hot/cold bath: i.e. putting/dipping your foot for 5 minutes in hot water and thereafter 5 minutes in cold water for half an hour.

You can use/take haldi (turmeric) in any form which has action similar to steroids but without any side effects.

You may consult an Ayurveda Shalya (surgeon) Physician in Delhi for further assistance in the matter who may guide you for “Agni Karma” on the heel or “Kati Vasti” over the Ankle (unless proved otherwise)

Please do revert back with your concerns, so that further preventive care can be furnished from my side.

Dr.Munish Sood
MD.(Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Consultant & Physician
Follow-up: Feeling lot of pain in heel and related muscles. Ayurvedic treatment? 32 minutes later

further to inputs requested..
1. experiencing from last 3 -4 months
2. long standing like 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr in the evening in metro for commuting.
3. work require no standing n all also no exercise during tjos period.
4. not consulted anywhere.
5. used hushpuppies heal cover in shoes but not much relief.
6. pain is below and on back side of heal.

pls let me kw in case further any precautions I can take...
I prefer only ayurvedic treatment.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Thanks for the detail provided:

1. Before going/preferring Ayurveda treatment it will be a good and wise decision to consult an expert Shalya (surgeon) Physician in/near your city for opinion regarding plantar fascitis (Vata kantak), Achilli's tendinitis, or calcaneal spur (which are likely possibilities)
2. Instead of heal cover use sponge pad as suggested.
3. Cut lemon into 2 halves, warm it in sauce pan and foment ankle twice daily.
4. Baluka Swedan: take sand in cloth, make a sand bag and heat. (you can take hot sand from pop corn vendors ) and give dry heat to the sole
5. Use moisturizer instead of body lotion in the soles.
6. Take trifla gugullu 2 tablets with XXXXXXX warm water after meals.
7. Take kulath, urad,wheat, brinjal, garlic, ghee, milk, curd, almonds, raisins and avoid peas, mental stress, night waking, excess exertion-fasting-walking.

Dr.Munish Sood