Feeling looseness in vagina. No sensation during intercourse. Due infection? Reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi doctor,
I am 26 years old , i have felt looseness in my vaginal area due to which i can't feel sensation during intercourse , what could be the reason for that , i read somewhere that it is due to infection , i had infection but got the treatment but still this problem exist , please advise is it safe to get a vaginal rejuvenation cream like everteen
Please advise
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later

The possible causes for vaginal laxity are:
-Previous vaginal deliveries
-Starting sexual life at early age
-Generalized tissue laxity etc.

Usually infections won't cause laxity.
And creams may not help in tightening of vagina.
So, better to consult gynecologist and get examined to find out how much laxity is there.
And depending on that, with your doctor's advice you can go for:
-Pelvic exercises in case of minimal laxity
-Surgical procedures like perineorrhaphy in case of excessive laxity.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Feeling looseness in vagina. No sensation during intercourse. Due infection? Reason? 3 minutes later
i am not married neither have any deliveries in past , this problems has increased from past 2, 3 months ,as this problem is there from past 3 months how many percent chances are there that i have to gone through surgical treatment

Please reaply

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

As I told previously the treatment options depends on the degree of laxity.
As there are no previous deliveries in your case, possibly pelvic exercises can correct the laxity to some extent.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.