Feeling liquid filled pimple inside mouth. Getting fever blisters and getting worse. What is going on?

Today i felt a pimple like thing in my mouth inside my lower bottom lip. When i looked at it it looked like a very tiny bubble with a white head and it was filled with liquid. It did not hurt, burn, tingle or feel anything funny except for when my tongue ran over it it felt alot bigger then it was with my tongue. Now i have gotton fever blisters since i was a kid but never inside my mouth and they never looked or felt like this. I know this is very stupid but i put a smalll pin hole in it and popped it, alot of clear liquid came out that was around 4 hours ago....i know have 2 red spots inside my lower lip, what looks like a shiny bubble forming on the inside of my lower lip and 4 small red spots on my lower OUTSIDE of lip that do look like fever blsters are forming and hurt like it. I have never ever had a blister that didnt hurt or ever in my mouth that i could pop and I never heard of anything spreading this rapidly im terrifed! I took my valtrex the second i saw a red spot form and its just getting worse what is going on with this?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 16 minutes later

What you are describing sounds exactly like a "fever blister" which is also known as a cold sore. It is all related to Herpes Type 1 virus. It usually occurs at the junction of the lip and the skin, but it is not so unusual to also occur in the mucus membranes of the inside of the lip as well. They start as blisters that eventually drain. They are usually painful as well.

I think that taking your Valtrex is exactly what you should do. Typically the dose for recurrent outbreaks is 500mg twice daily for 5 days, but 1000mg twice daily is not an unusual dose either.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have more questions.
Follow-up: Feeling liquid filled pimple inside mouth. Getting fever blisters and getting worse. What is going on? 45 minutes later
but why is it spreading? Usually it has never spread like this.....I have never gave anybody else fever blisters im very carful but im scared if its this contagious to spread inside out outside of my own lips that my littel boy or husband could get it even more....
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 15 minutes later
It is not "spreading". The virus hangs out in the sensory nerve roots and will appear in the areas on your mouth that receive "sensation" from that nerve. It might be in the classic location, but just inside the lip is not unusual either. It is not necessarily going to occur exactly the same each time. Sometimes they are very limited, and sometimes, the area affected seems larger.

While this is present, you need to avoid direct contact with your husband or child.

Given the outbreak on the outside that is typical of your fever blisters, and the synchronous occurrence on the inside, this has to be what it is. Consider the larger dose of Valtrex in an attempt to limit / shorten the current outbreak.