Feeling like had hair in throat and feels swollen. No trouble eating or swallowing. Had sinus problems. Suggest?

I started out feeling like I had a hair in my throat - & now it feels slightly swollen. I have no trouble eating or swallowing but it bothers me. I also have had sinus problems & coughing.
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Based on the information it seem that you are having post nasal drip due to sinusitis, which is the cause of the coughing as well as you sensation fo having hair and feeling of slightly swollen throat.

It will go away once the sinusitis is cleared up.

1) If you are on antibiotics then its fine if not please consult near by physician and have an antibiotic to clear the sinusitis .

2) Mean while "Halls cough drop" will help to reduce the irritation and reduce the bothering from it.

3) Gargles with " XXXXXXX warm water" with "pinch of salt" will also give you relief for some time.

HALLS and water gargles with water will only give you relief temporarily, for permanent relief will only attained once the infection is clear.

Hope it helps to clear the ongoing issue. Please feel free to contact me for any clarification or any concerns.

Thanks for query.