Feeling like falling when stand. Cannot balance. Going blank and head spinning. Worried

I have been having weird things happen in regards to balance. When I stand my legs buckle and I feel like I'm going to fall, or I'm standing having a smoke and my body will shake like Iv been electrocuted. Even when sitting down I feel as though I'm going to blank out or my head spins. I'm finding it hard to walk In public because I feel that everyone can tell somrthings wrong and I'm also scared of falling or fainting
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Omer and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I am sorry to hear about your problem.

As you have said that you are having spinning with fear of getting a fall while standing , walking ,getting up from bed, or when lying on bed .....all these symptoms leads to a disease of ear known as BPPV(benign paroxysmal positional vertigo).
Vertigo is said when you are having spinning of things around you, aggravated by head movement, and smoking.
BPPV is a disease common in your age (32 years), with accumulation of otolith in your ear tubules
You need to go to ENT specialist for halpikes maneuver to remove this otolith in your ear tubules
Your ear tubules help you balance and prevent spin, but with otolith you have more spinning problem as soon as you move your head in specific direction

It will improve alot with halpikes manuveur, to be done by your ENT specialist, with medicines that prevent spinning like ( maxalon, diazepam, serc) and you will have significant improvement in 3-5 days

I wish you good luck that you get well soon, if you have any question, please ask because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more until you are satisfied, you can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.

Follow-up: Feeling like falling when stand. Cannot balance. Going blank and head spinning. Worried 11 hours later
Thank you for your reply. It's that I'm spinning as much it's more il b walking and I lose balance or my body jolts. At times I hold on to the rails cause I feel like I'm going to fall but not blanking out it just hard to explain. Like when ur walking and then someone grabs ur legs imagine how that would look that's what happening
Answered by Dr. Omer 8 hours later
Hello again,

As I have already explained it to you, that you may be a patient of BPPV. As you have told that you have spining when you walk and feels like some one has held your legs, clearly that points out to bppv. You have recent onset of these symptoms. Please visit an ENT specialist as I have told you in detail in last reply.

Other diagnosis, but are categorized low in your case are
Cerebellar lesion- This can be ruled out by an MRI of the brain.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Follow-up: Feeling like falling when stand. Cannot balance. Going blank and head spinning. Worried 2 hours later
First of all i never said im spinning you assumed i was in my response to you i wrote its not that im spinning but left the ( not ) bu mistake. And my initial question show me where i said i was spinning it. I said my body jolts like its going to shut down or faint so please do not insult me by repeatedly telling me to refer to ur answer when u have made an error. Next time il report ur attitude. Dont need ur help arrogant
Answered by Dr. Omer 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

First, I would like to apologize. I am here to help you in the most humble way possible.

If you allow me I want to explain again, but from your first message, it seems that your joints have the problem, you feel weakness and will fall. Even when you are sitting you are having feeling of fainting or black out.

Feeling weak in joint leads to diseases of sensory system of the body.

Getting black out while sitting points to involvement of brain or bad rhythm of your heart.

I would suggest you should visit your General physician for detailed testing of sensory system dysfunction like EMG (Electromyography) / NCS (Nerve conduction studies).

All the diseases of sensory system dysfunction are completely treatable, and don’t worry you will be healthy again.

I am really sorry once again, if I wrote something wrong.

I hope this will help.

Take care,
Follow-up: Feeling like falling when stand. Cannot balance. Going blank and head spinning. Worried 17 hours later
Thats ok i understand thanks anyway
Answered by Dr. Omer 13 minutes later
Thankyou for understanding hope last message helps you.