Feeling like explosion followed by burning in left temple, tired, unable to sleep, headache. Is it a seizure ?

Neurologist, Surgical
I had a feeling like an explosion followed by burning in my left temple two nights ago, and some pain in left temple since, last night i think i might of had a siezure, if i sleep with pressure on my left side of my head pain starts to happen but not as bad as the initial explosion pain. have been head achy! really tired, not sleeping well! my eyes are doing funny things, and i can't remember things well
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 6 hours later

After going through your history, I feel the possibility of vascular headache/migraine.

As you had previous history of Epilepsy, I would suggest you to get the EEG (Electroencephalogram) done to know the electrical disturbances.

You need to get physically evaluated by Neurologist for proper initiation of management.

There are effective drugs available for the treatment of migraine nowadays. There are two ways of managing the migraine, preventive and curative. I suggest you to consult the Neurologist for the same.

To avoid the acute attack of headache, avoid fasting, sunlight, foods like chocolate and late nights.

I hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.