Feeling like bubles in ear. What is going on?

i am feeling like bubles in my ear
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Eustachian tubes is a tube that links the nasopharynx to the middle ear. The main purpose of these ventilation tubes is to make sure the middle ear space is filled with AIR at the same atmospheric pressure as the outside atmosphere.

However, they are prone to becoming dysfunctional. Colds, allergies, environmental irritants, sinus infections, tonsillitis, cigarette smoke, airplane flights, driving in a mountainous area, etc. all can the eustachian tubes to malfunction.

When this happens, fluid and/or changes in air pressure will occur in the sensitive middle ear space. This will compromise your hearing (stuffy, full feeling), and perhaps this is that "bubble" feeling you are having.

Most cases of ETD will self-resolve in a week or so. Although you can use over the counter medication like nasal decongestants, prescription nasal corticosteroid sprays have also be used, especially in people with allergies.

It will take TIME to resolve, so be patient and hang in there. If your symptoms persists longer than another week or so, or if you are having signs of infection (fever, sore throat, sinus pain, etc.), i advice you to consult the ENT specialist.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer