Feeling like bladder is full after urination, what could be the problem?

Last night I was up most of the night and had really bad diarrhea and my stomach cramped up really bad like it hurt so bad I couldn't even stand up...I felt like I was going to puke. And I had a really bad headache. I've had my period recently. But even if I do pee it still feels like my bladder is still full and hurts when I push to go pee. And some times when I have sex with me fiancee my stomach hurts.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. You seem to have developed acute gastroenteritis ( food poisioning ) and hence you need rest and plenty of oral fluids to prevent any dehydration.Generally such type of food poisionings are viral in nature. Fluids generally should be plain water,oral rehydration drinks,vegetable soups,coconut water etc.Avoid taking sweet soda as it contains lot of sugar in it. Similarly you should avoid using home made rehydration drinks. Eat light like banana,rice,applesauce etc. You may take a proton pump inhibitor like PANTOPROZOLE 40 mg once a day for 5-7 days. Normally a person becomes all right in 3-4 days as generally the cause is viral. Sometimes a bacterial infection is the cause for food poisioning and in that event your symptoms can be prolonged beyond few days. In such an event you would be needing examination of stool sample and prescription of antibiotics,otherwise no antibiotic is required for viral gastroenteritis. Go to ER if your vomiting don't subside or having blood in stools or having very high fever or having severe cramps in abdomen etc. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks