Feeling lightheaded, sleepy, heaviness in chest, pulsating feeling around neck and mouth. Solution?

Tight sensation in neck and face, lightheaded ... Just getting over stomach virus. Very uncomfortable , has lasted all day. Pulse is 57 . Feel sleepy . A lot of stress.
Chest feels heavy, pulsing feeling around neck $ mouth
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 57 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I hope by stomach virus you mean that you had diarrhoea and vomitings. For how long did it last and what was the frequency of motions and vomitings? What medication did you have for them?

Dehydration following stomach flu can make you feel lightheaded. However considering your age it is better to visit the ER and get an electrocardiogram done to rule out a cardiac cause for the heavy chest, low pulse.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal