Feeling lightheaded, have swollen foot and numbness in arms. Cause?

Question
I am lightheaded, have a swollen right foot and numbness in my right arm
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Want more information and few tests for management

Detailed Answer:
Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX

These 3 symptoms may be due to different causes or due to any problem in CNS.

I want some more information to diagnose your problem.

1. What is your Blood pressure. If any variation, this should be treated first using medications and life style modification.

I will be little concerned if there is any symptom like of severe head ache, vomiting, blurring of vision, unilateral muscular weekness. These symptoms may point us to evaluate for any CNS problem.

2. Any swelling, change in color or injury in right leg. Look for any swelling in inguinal region also. Since unilateral swelling, this points towards any local problem.

3. Also look for your blood glucose levels and RFT. If any variation in glucose level you may have all these symptoms also.

So I advice you to get evaluated once by your board certified physician to find out the cause.

For time being I advice you to have good nutritious diet, regular exercises, glucose and BP monitoring. You can have neuroprotective drug like Pregabalin and arm and local exercise help to reduce swelling.

Hope this answered your query. Feel free to ask if any related query.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Feeling lightheaded, have swollen foot and numbness in arms. Cause? 20 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wish you faster recovery

Detailed Answer:
Hi. We wish you faster recovery and good health.

regards