Feeling lightheaded, chest pain, dizziness with white coating on tongue. Cause and cure?

Dec 2012

Hey a brief history in dec I went to the Er for a dizzy lighthead feeling and chest pain and was told that I have high bp. Was also told that the chest pain could be from Acid reflux and for the record its not a consistent pain most of the time it clears with a blurp I was put on water pill I went back a few days later because of numb feeling in my back and they told me it was prob vitamin are potsiuum levels and give me a supplement of potsiuum and told me that the dizzy feeling is more the. Likely from an ear Infection. So 2 mouths later my bp is under control been off of those awful meds for a couple weeks and I'm still dealing with the ear pops the lightheadness at time gotten better and sore throat I was giving no antibiotics for the ear infection seen a ENT and the infection is gone so he says. I looked up my probs the white tongue coating now I have burning pain that moves around my body and headaches sometimes and the sore throat with the numbness a d everything is saying HIV Omg I'm so worried I have been stressed out and researching too much since Dec and will test in 90 days but I have no risks since I Been dealing with the same girl for the longest.. Please give me some in sight thanks in advance
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 33 minutes later

Let me approach your HIV problem first given that I deal every day with HIV infected/AIDS patients. From the image you are apparently having tongue ulcers ( how long have they been there?) This is usually more likely due a viral infection. Other viruses such as herpes, CMP, EBV etc could be responsible order than HIV. First of all your symptoms and all your presentation are not specific to HIV alone but other autoimmune diseases such as SLE, sarcoidosis, vitamin deficiency etc could also present with similar symptoms. Initial HIV infection usually presents with persistent generalized lymphadenopathy and intermittent mild fever.
For you a viral infection is likely the cause, but do not jump into conclusion that it is HIV. First doing HIV test now, if negative then your symptoms are 100% not likely related to HIV. Even if after 90 days you repeat test ( what ever the result) it would not still be related to HIV. For you to manifest with typical HIV symptoms you need to have been infected for the longest period of time (for several months to several years).
You should visit an internist for complete blood tests ranging from viral serologies, to tumor markers, blood cell counts etc.
You can use mouth wash solutions for daily cleaning of your mouth. Antiviral agents like acyclovir could be used if HIV is ruled out now. Multivitamin supplements should be included in your treatment.
You need to quit worrying about HIV as I do not think your symptoms are HIV related.

Hope this and let me know if you need further information
Dr Nsah