Feeling lightheaded and dizzy, legs tingling when walking, fatigue. Can you tell me why this is happening?
User rating for this question
For last two days now I've been feeling lightheaded/ dizzy and my legs feel tingly when I walk. I've been feeling fatigued as well. Can you tell me why this is happening?
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Presuming you were perfectly healthy and without any medical illness / medical history in the past, there are 2 possibilities that I can think off and which can explain your symptoms:
1. A viral illness - presence of body ache, nausea, lethargy and fever are typically associated with viral illness. Watch out for these symptoms. If you have them now or if you develop in the next 2 days, it can be suggestive of viral infection.
As the symptoms are self limiting, they are often not concerning and doesn't warrant any medical treatment.
2. Metabolic changes. Different metabolic components such as electrolytes, sugar, fluids and thyroid as well can be abnormal resulting in the aforementioned symptoms. Getting the blood tested individually for different metabolic components will rule each of these conditions out.
I would suggest you to monitor your symptoms closely. Drink plenty of fluids and rest well. If the symptoms worsen/ fresh symptoms appear / do not improve in the next 2-3 days, I encourage you to visit a nearest doctor and get your blood tested.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.
People also viewed
- Fatigue tingling in legs osteoporosis suggest medication and cure
- Sore neck dizziness nausea heaviness in eyes fatigue tingling face
- Have chest pain anxiety depression gastritis and depression
- Will taking edema and htn cause downfall due to thyroid
- Hand tingling tinnitus fatigue
- Dictinory meaning of diffuse cerebral atrophic changes
- What do you suggest for painful headaches with allergies
- Is elite laser safe for underarm axillary hair removal
- What are atrophic changes in the brain
- Progesterone ataxia
- Back pain burning and tingling dizziness and fatigue reason
- Which medication will help cure gastritis
- Numb fatigue nauseu tingling vulving lightheaded
- Ulnar nerve and atrial firillation
- Causes of spinal cord atresia