Feeling lightheaded and dizzy, legs tingling when walking, fatigue. Can you tell me why this is happening?

For last two days now I've been feeling lightheaded/ dizzy and my legs feel tingly when I walk. I've been feeling fatigued as well. Can you tell me why this is happening?
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later

Presuming you were perfectly healthy and without any medical illness / medical history in the past, there are 2 possibilities that I can think off and which can explain your symptoms:

1. A viral illness - presence of body ache, nausea, lethargy and fever are typically associated with viral illness. Watch out for these symptoms. If you have them now or if you develop in the next 2 days, it can be suggestive of viral infection.
As the symptoms are self limiting, they are often not concerning and doesn't warrant any medical treatment.

2. Metabolic changes. Different metabolic components such as electrolytes, sugar, fluids and thyroid as well can be abnormal resulting in the aforementioned symptoms. Getting the blood tested individually for different metabolic components will rule each of these conditions out.

I would suggest you to monitor your symptoms closely. Drink plenty of fluids and rest well. If the symptoms worsen/ fresh symptoms appear / do not improve in the next 2-3 days, I encourage you to visit a nearest doctor and get your blood tested.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.