Feeling light headedness and blood rushing to feet. What is causing this feeling?

Cardiologist
Question
this has happened before and today once again I have had a run of 5 times today with de ja vue and it almost feels like all the blood is rushing to my feet i get light headed and need to sit immediately it is a very scary feeling
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I am a cardiologist and read your question with diligence. I entirely agree with you and empathise with you about the episode when one feels that as if whole blood has been withdrawn from your brain.
There are two ways to move on from here. Either, the conditions are simulated in Tread Mill Test, a protocol is formed as your running schedule and BP is monitored on minute by minute basis. Its response is seen. Secondly, you have a partner with you while running and BP is monitored should you start getting even the premonition or intermittently and at the end. Normally, immediately after exercise blood is drawn to legs and BP falls but not to the extent of compromising supply to brain and causing lightheadedness.
You have had panic attacks, by any strech, do you find any similarlty between this episode and a panic atack.
Looking Forward to hear from you.

Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Feeling light headedness and blood rushing to feet. What is causing this feeling? 1 hour later
Thank you for responding. Not sure if the really powerful overwhelming feeling of I have done this before, I guess it could have almost triggered a panic attack. I had to sit down and take XXXXXXX long breaths before the feeling left. When I got home from work today I took an ativan and have not had another episode. I will however discuss this feeling with my DR. when I see him next. Just might suggest the treadmill thin to him.
Again thanks

Hi XXXXXXX

I guess you are right it was rather severe panic attack. So, it seems now from your account. Seeing your blood pressure response to exercise will not be bad idea, I am sure your doctor will agree. You, as you had written, might suggest.
Regards.

If you have any further question for now, I will be most happy to answer, otherwise you consider closing the query with comments.

Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW