Feeling light headed, numbness in lips, hands and feet since waking up. What is wrong ?

numbness hi i woke up 2 hours ago and every since my lips hands and feet are numb and i feel light headed . I'm a 26yr old female . what's wrong with me?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 11 hours later

Thanks for the query

Regarding the numbness in the lips, hands and feet with light headedness I feel these are symptoms of dizziness. Nearly any symptom or group of symptoms may accompany dizziness. The individual may perceive a sensation of movement, spinning, rocking, or whirling, of themselves or the room (possible vertigo).

Dizziness may be attributed to a wide variety of causes. Sometimes it is difficult to find specific diagnosis for the affected individual, but causes of dizziness that are XXXXXXX should not be excluded. High or low BP, heart disease, vertigineous migraine, anaemia, stroke and tumours of the brain are some of the serious causes.

So I personally feel if symptoms persist you need to see your GP (General Physician) for a good detailed clinical evaluation and consultation for the cause of dizziness.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist