Feeling light headed, nausea, dizzy while doing exercise. Having loose bowel movement. What to do?

During exercise today I felt light headed , nausea, dizzy. After laying down when i broke out into a sweat and was clamy i eventually felt better . later I had a looser bm. I had not exercised in a couple weeks and was exercising fairly vigorously. Was this just a response to over doing it.
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Your symptoms are quite suggestive of a Vasovagal attack. It involved lightheaded XXXXXXX with dizzynes and sometimes fainting followed sweating and gradual recovery. Vigorous exercise can cause exhaustion and initiate vasovagal attacks.

It is quite normal and expected in such situations where you have exercised vigorously after a long break. Hence, there is no real need to investigate further.

Also, try to go slow on the exercise and gradually build on it.

Hope this answers your query.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran