Feeling light headed, dizzy and irregular heart beat. Should I see a doctor for blood work and heart check?

I am feeling light headed and a little dizzy last few days. Also it feels like my heart beat may be a little irregular Should I see a doctor for blood work and heart check?
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should see a doctor

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence.

You probably have a variation in your blood pressure that needs to be checked and recorded. Also, the heart beat may be getting irregular as you say.

In my view, you should see a doctor, preferably an internist/Cardiologist. Get your blood pressure checked, along with a routine electrocardiogram (ECG). A simple routine blood work can be done as well.

Further management could be planned accordingly based on the test reports.

Get well soon.