Feeling light headed and tired. All test normal. Prescribed to take gatorade because of sodium levels. What to do?

I have been lightheaded for about five months now with a constant feeling like I'm going to pass out. I've been everywhere and all tests came back normal: CT scan of the head, blood tests: iron, b12, blood levels everything ok, tilt table test was positive for orthostatic hypotension but that's not it because it's not only when I stand up. After the tilt table, I was sent to a cardiologist and heart-related problems were ruled out after I got a ECG and other tests. Cardiologist told me that I need to drink gatorade because of sodium levels but that hasn't helped at all. I need to get this figured out asap it's controlling my life. This came on in December randomly while I was sitting in class, I got really lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out. About two weeks after that, my ears got plugged up and stayed plugged until I got ear tubes put in my ears in April. I am constantly feeling as if I'm going to pass out and I'm lightheaded. ENT said there is no infection or anything that could cause this and doesn't think it's ear-related because I don't have dizziness, just lightheadedness and feeling like passing out. I am also very tired all the time. Thank you for your help.
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 29 days later

welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr XXXXXXX and will try my level best to help you.

Based from the information provided, you did all the necessary checkups, like cardiology check up, neurology check up with C.T- scan, and did even get your checked with the ENT for an ear infection check up, more over you say that you are not having any dizziness, just feeling light headed.

From all of above it seems that your brain is feeling that its not receiving enough blood. I would like to say some kind of environmental changes seems to have an effect on you. Here is what I think will make a difference.

1) Do some heavy exercises which will help you heart to move and pump blood.
2) Try to do legs up and head down with support of wall, so that some blood can come and flow to brain. (do it 30 sec - 2-3 times in morning with empty stomach).
3) Try to drink heavy salt containing drinks like lemonade.

Try this things for couple of days and let me know if it makes a difference. More over if you have relocated to higher altitude may also make you feel lightheaded, if so you need to get to to ground floor and my be to the sea level area for residence.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact me for any clarifications or any further concern.