Feeling light headed and have stomach acid. Is it caused due to scoliosis?

i have advanced kyphosscoliosis, deteriorated a lot during the last 12 years (i am 69 years old). during last few months i have some lightheadedness, with sometimes headache (forehead) for a second or two or a slight feeling of sickness for a second or two. i also take medicine for excessive stomach acid and had a hiatus hernia operation 7 years ago. these are new symptoms for me. could they be cause by the scoliosis? i have a feeling that the symptoms stem from the left side of my spine, at the level of my shoulder blades, but am not sure about this. can you give me some advice? many thanks.
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in
I have read your query with diligence. In my personal opinion the symptoms your are facing presently are not related to your scoliosis. This might have some other region. The reasons that can cause these type of symptoms are:
1. It can be cause due the change of the climate from cold to hot or vice versa.
2. It may be a shock that has occur you to stress, work load or dehydration.
3. Arteriosclerosis vascular disease can be one of the causes. If the frequency of the episodes increases and causes trouble in working than consult your treating doctor for his/her advice.

Certain steps you can follow at your home are to get rid from the problem are:
1. Keep yourself hydrated and take proper diet.
2. Do regular exercise as much as you can.
3. Develop some hobbies like reading books, watching TV etc. to relax your mind.
4. You can take help of Yoga specially Sava Asana to reduce stress if you have.
5. Avoid stress as much possible.

Hope this will help you. Write back for any follow up query.

Best Wishes and get well soon.

Dr. Kulbir Singh