Feeling lethargic, palm and feet becomes warm after meal

my name is XXXXXXX and age is 38 years,weight 67 kgs and height 5'7" ,i feel very lythargic ,uneasy and my palm and feet becomes warm after 2-3 hours of every meal and feel better only after i eat something again, this is going on for last 45 days please suggest
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

The symptoms that you describe are very classic for anxiety. Anxiety is a very common phenomenon which affects almost everyone. Some individuals are affected more commonly than others and symptoms can be more severe depending on the situation.

What you describe is fatigue associated most likely with some type of stress going on in your life. The stress can result from work family or relationships. Let me reassure you that you are not alone because most human beings struggle with the symptoms at some point in their life.

If you have some additional detail to provide that would shed some more light regarding possible situations or relationships which are going on right now that are providing stress I would be happy to discuss them.

At this point I recommend that you place a major priority in maintaining an adequate and healthy diet as well as a very regular exercise regimen. Regular exercise can provide a tremendous benefit for situations which are causing stress.

Let me also reassure you that this type of stress and the symptoms associated with it including the fatigue was you have described will slowly resolved with time. Try to maintain good optimism regarding this fact which I report to you.

I thank you again for submitting a question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: Feeling lethargic, palm and feet becomes warm after meal 1 hour later
I had carried out lot of blood tests to ascertain this problem , all were normal but in one of the test typhoid was positive which my doctor said it can be because of some virus must have been in my golbladder or else were as there were no other symptoms of typhoid as i did not had fever and my lever were normal size and he gave me antibiotic for 10 days , i am working for a construction company and the project is on completion so lot of stress is there and plus lot of tension of this weakness/problem as i fear i have got some uncurable diseases, even i am unable to give my 100% to work as i get tired early, one of my friend doctor also confirmed the same stress and acidity
so please suggest some good medicine
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Hello and thank you for the follow up question.

I really think that stress is the main cause of the symptoms you are experiencing. We know from a lot of good research that stress can have a tremendous effect on the body. This can range from symptoms of fatigue to symptoms of gastrointestinal upset and acid secretion you have mentioned.

I must emphasize to you with that it is extremely important that you have some type of outlet for your stress. Exercise is usually one good outlet for this. In addition it is very important that you exercise good hobbies. Reading or doing some type of hobby what you enjoy on a regular basis will certainly help decrease the stress hormone level in your body. If we decreased the stress hormone level over time you'll start to feel better and better.

Unfortunately there are no medications which will queue or stress. For you it is important to combined lifestyle modifications with possibly a medication to help decrease acid production in your stomach. There is a very good medication called a Map Resolve. This is available over-the-counter and I suggest you start taking it on a daily basis. My recommendation is that you start taking a 20 mg capsule or tablet with breakfast and with the dinner for seven days. After seven days I suggest you take it just with breakfast for six weeks. This period of time will allow for adequate healing off your gastrointestinal system especially for stomach.

I am confident that with a combination of this medication and lifestyle modifications that you will slowly feel better and better over time.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I am here for you.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Robert