Feeling jittery, nausea, and out of control. How to get rid of this?

Pulmonologist
Question
i inahled goof off getting gum off my jeans and now I am feeling jittery, nauseas, and sort of "outo of control"...been going on now for about 4 hours...should this go away?,,thanks
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 3 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have had an episode of "goof off XXXXXXX inhalation.

2. Right now, you have some amount of difficulty in breathing, nausea.

3. You need to get yourself clinically examined by a pulmonologist or atleast a visit in the ER is required. Investigations required are chest xray, pulmonary function test, oxygen saturation and blood tests.If the amount inhaled was large, then a bronchoscopy may be required. You may require nebulisation (bronchodilator and anti inflammatory medicines) therapy with or without oxygen as per your evaluation findings.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: Feeling jittery, nausea, and out of control. How to get rid of this? 21 minutes later
just to clarify, "goof off" is a solvent to remove paint, gum, glue and so on. I'm not having trouble breathing, but have dizziness, nausea, shakiness, jitters...should I still go to the ER?..thanks

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 9 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, since you have symptoms it's better to get yourself evaluated at the earliest in the ER.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist