Feeling itchy scalp, bleeding boils and white deposits on head. Suggest what to do

Jul 2012

I think i have psoriasis in scalp.I feel itching heavily. I found some little boils kind on my scalp. sometimes they bleed. I dont have any dandruff problems, but there is lots of white deposits on my head. can u please suggest what to be done.
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 47 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Psoriasis does not normally itch. More of scaling. It would be great if you could take some close up 'clear' photographs & upload them on this site using the 'upload data' icon on the right side of your screen. Are any of the 'white boils' yellowish?
Is there any chance of having any head lice? Any children around you other than the 10mth kid? Any maid with similar itching or lice problems? Is there some stressor in your life currently bothering you? What do your nails look like? Please add a clear photograph of your nails also if you spot any of the nails with indentations or depressions on them.
Please answer these questions & upload snaps & will be happy to help you.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India