Feeling irritation and noticed discharge behind ear skin. What should I use to get cured?

My son sometimes get irritation and while discharge from the area where ear attach with the skin. We used clop-m oinment as per doctor advice. It improved but reoccured after some time. Please advice
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 23 minutes later

I can understand your concern.

What you are describing is called eczema. In children it can occur behind the ear and it keeps recurring.

It needs a long term treatment. Clop m is a strong cream. It cannot be used for a very long period of time.

I would recommend that you apply desowen cream twice a day for two weeks.

Also elidel cream twice a day for two weeks.

Both these creams will suppress the eczema and will resolve his condition.

After two weeks, desowen can be applied once a day for one week and then stopped. Elidel cream can be stopped after two weeks.

In case it recurs, then just application of elidel cream for 2 weeks will be helpful.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can address any other additional concerns for you.

Follow-up: Feeling irritation and noticed discharge behind ear skin. What should I use to get cured? 1 hour later
But other doctor termed this condition as Fungel infection?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 4 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

From your description it seems that it is eczema. However, I would recommend that you post a photo here. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. Otherwise, you can send it to YYYY@YYYY , with subject as "ATTN:Dr. Kruti".