Feeling intoxicated after taking valium. What should I do?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have just taken 10 mg of valium for the first time to relax but feeling very intoxicated and I am at work. What can i do to counter effect this intoxicated feeling?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. You should have taken smaller dose if you were not sure about efficiency. Now, simply some time need to pass till effects subside(2-4 hours) but natural "antidotes" which may help are coffee, ciggaretes smoking, and taking plenty of fluids and high sugar products. Also,try to find some psyhological stress which will make you awake.Medical antidote is flumazenil but it is not indicated in this case of course,it is used for overdose. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards