Feeling hot under the feet in the night. Causes?

Hi. It's been a couple of months that the palm of my feet heat up badly once in a while mostly at night. What is reason for this?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

Burning sensation of the soles of feet can be due to premature menopause or parasthesia skin.

Menopause that occurs before this age, whether natural or induced, is known as "premature" menopause. This can cause a sudden feeling of warmth of soles or that spreads over the upper body, irregular periods and vaginal dryness. In order to rule it out, you need to get your serum estradiol levels and FSH levels done after consulting a gynecologist.

Second possibility is of parasthesia skin which is due to dysfunctioning of neurons. It can be due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. Foods XXXXXXX in vitamin B12 especially non vegetarian food will also help in improving the symptoms.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.