Feeling hot in head and neck, chest pain and shoulder pain. What is the problem?

My head and neck get hot, no sweating.
Irritable, upper center chest pain.
64 obesse, male, single.

No it's not a heart attack. Had 12 ekg, more blood tests than I can count. Cleveland Clinic did complete work up and found less than 10% damage to the right side of the heart.

Shoulders ache , both of them replaced 2 years ago.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 26 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

From your history it definitely doesn’t look like a heart attack. I am pleased to know you have ruled this out with multiple EKG's and blood test.

The upper chest pain and irritability may be due to the heart burn i.e. reflux of gastric acid into esophagus which is causing chest pain in center of chest. As you are obese it may be one of the reasons for gastric reflux.

Besides that irritability may be a factor causing hotness in head and neck region. If this is troubling you, I think you should consult your doctor and good psychiatrist, who will help to elevate your mood and you will learn to how to calm yourself.

Hope this answers your query. I will be pleased to address any doubts in the follow-up.