Feeling hot and sweaty, racing heart, nausea, shaky and faint. What it could be?

Question
I'm feeling hot and sweaty, racing heart, shaky and faint and also nausea. Wht cld this be?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 36 minutes later
This can be serious.
Please do an ECG, check blood pressure and blood sugar and see a doctor in an emergency department now.
Please dont delay.
Best wishes

Follow-up: Feeling hot and sweaty, racing heart, nausea, shaky and faint. What it could be? 23 hours later
I've only just seen Your response. I'm wondering, since I'm not feeling as bad now. I'm not shaking or sweating. However, I have been being woke up by the racing heart. Is this still something potentially serious, and if so, what?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 24 hours later
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Since you have experienecd it , its important to rule out an underlying cardiac condition.
The common causes of such symptoms are perimenopause, heart disease, blood pressure, diabetes, other chronic illnesses of kidney liver etc.
A complete health check is highly recommended.
Please see a Physician at the earliest.
Best wishes