Feeling heavy in legs. Walking and exercises give no relief. Taking verapamil. Fallen many times without notice. Advise?

Since I retired in May of this year, My legs feel "heavy" all the time. Walking and excersize does not seem to help. I am currently taking 240 mg verapamil a day. In the last year I have fallen three times with no "notice" that I was going to fall. What is going on?
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 42 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Falling with out any precedent symptom can be a serious condition :

Heart blocks leading to syncope
Vertebro basilar deficiency
Transiet ischemic attacks.

These are the common conditions that comes to mind in your condition.

Please go for some investigations like ECG, echocardiogram, serum electrolytes, sugar levels and EEG to narrow down the choices.

Please let me know if you need further information.