Feeling heavy head, clogged ears, neck hurts and swollen bruise/scab on face. Suggestions

Hi. I fell on my head, with a very large man falling on top of me last night, and all the weight was on my head/neck/face. I was very confused for a second and couldn't answer when immediately asked if I was ok. I then started laughing uncontrollably, although I was in a lot of pain. Once I calmed down, I realized one of my ears was clogged. Around and hour later, the second one clogged up also. This morning I still have clogged ears, my neck hurts and I have a swollen bruise/scab on the side of my face where I landed. I'm mainly concerned about my ears though. Is this normal? And how can I make it feel normal again? I am a Personal Trainer and my job requires me to be working out a lot during the day. Is this safe for me to do? Please send me any advice. Thank-you.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: You have blunt-injury induced cervicalgia Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The information provided suggests that you have sustained cervicalgia due to blunt injury. A 5-7days (or more, if required) of anti-inflammatory pain-killer, such as, a combination of ibuprofen + paracetamol; local application of an antiseptic cream over the bruise; nasal decongestant drops (to open up the Eustachian tubes- tubes connecting the ear with the back of the throat); and, cold compresses over the neck muscles, will bring back things to normal. Blocked ears is apparently due to a transient concussion with or without clogging of the Eustachian tubes. It is a temporary condition and will go away in a couple of days. Perform Valsalva's maneuver as many times daily as possible. It involves blowing with all your power with a tightly pinched nose and tightly closed mouth (so that the blown air does not escape). Continue this maneuver till you hear popping sound in both ears. There is NO restriction on carrying on with your job. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion, and will prescribe the advised medication in appropriate doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Feeling heavy head, clogged ears, neck hurts and swollen bruise/scab on face. Suggestions 17 minutes later
Thank-you for your reply, I appreciate your advice. I am just a little confused since you said that I have to rest for 5-7 days (or more if required), which makes sense because of how much my head hurts and then even more with noise around. But you also said no work restriction. So does that mean I rest for 5-7 days/stay at home, and then after 5-7 days go back to work? Thank-you!
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go back to work once pain is tolerable Detailed Answer: Well, XXXXXXX Anti-inflammatory pain-killers will reduce the pain remarkably, the moment you start taking these pills. So, within 24 hours, the pain will be bearable enough to allow you to carry on with your job. Alternatively, you can go back your work, the day you feel that you can work comfortably without being bothered by the mild residual pain. It's up to you. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal