Feeling heaviness with tingling in arms. Chest x ray showed haziness. Should I be worried?

Hello, I went in today to have the right side of my chest checked out because I have felt some heaviness with tingling in my right arm. They did a chest x-ray and said everything looked good and to follow-up with my doctor. I received a message on my home phone later in the day and the doctor said that the right side of my chest x-ray looked good but there was a shadow or 'haziness' on the left side that he wanted me to follow-up on with my family doctor. He said it was nothing urgent but should be followed up with another x-ray. Is this something I should be worried about? They took 2 x-ray pictures, one with my back to the camera and the other with my right side facing the camera. Thanks
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

Your earlier symptoms of heaviness and tingling over right arm are not suggestive of any chest condition. It appears to be due to anxiety or probably even a stomach issue.

For the shadow, if it is coming from inside the lungs, it is important to get further evaluation with a CT scan of the chest. However, in these conditions, it is unusual to have such shadows without any symptoms. Also, haziness can also be normally seen and is occasionally due to mild rotations when taking the x rays.
Also, soft tissues of the chest wall by itself can sometimes produce such haziness.
It highly unlikely that it is something significant. However, do consult your doctors and get it evaluated.

Please get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran