Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling heaviness on testicle and frequent urination. What am I suffering from?

Pediatrician, Surgery
Question
Been having testicular heaviness feeling and more frequent urination.....
This began after eating fresh blackberries and blueberries as my urine was dark red/purple and urinating solids....
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Anand Sinha 2 hours later
Hello
Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic
You have not mentioned your age. Also is there a history of trauma to the groin?
It seems that you are developing urinary tract infection. It may be associated with some epididymo-orchitis (inflammation of the testis and epididymis) as well. It is important that you consult a surgeon or urologist. Get a urine analysis done along with urine culture and sensitivity. If it confirms urinary infection (will show pus cells in urine) then you will need a course of antibiotics (based on culture reports).
Diabetes can also lead to frequent or rather increased quantity of urine production. Beware especially if you have a family history or you are over-weight.
In older people enlarged prostrate can also lead to frequent urination. Thats why i lay stress on your age.
A clinical examination will rule out whether you have a prostrate enlargement and epididymo-orchitis or not. It will also rule out other causes of heaviness in the scrotum like hydrocele (collection of fluid in the scrotum), hernia, varicocele (dilated veins in the scrotum). But it will most importantly rule out any mass in the testis. That is most important. Since most of these conditions need a surgical correction, a surgeon's opinion would be preferable.
Hope that helped solve your query
God bless you
Dr Anand Sinha
MS General Surgery
MCh Pediatric Surgery

Follow-up: Feeling heaviness on testicle and frequent urination. What am I suffering from? 1 hour later
I am 38 years old...

Thanks for your response....

Answered by Dr. Anand Sinha 10 minutes later
Hello again
Thank you for using XXXXXXX
At 38 years age I would not consider prostrate enlargement and new onset diabetes as the likely possibilities. It is most likely a urinary tract infection then.
Hope you get examined soon.
God bless you
Dr Anand Sinha

Follow-up: Feeling heaviness on testicle and frequent urination. What am I suffering from? 20 minutes later
Getting examined immediately....thank you very much Dr.!

Answered by Dr. Anand Sinha 53 minutes later
You're welcome