Feeling heaviness on chest, heart and uncomfortable above breast. How to get relief?

I am having for a few days now an uncomfortable feeling on my left side right above and behind my breast. Almost like a pulling down and heavy feeling in chest around heart. Also making breast uncomfortable.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 20 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

As you have not mentioned any details about your previous history and blood pressure I presume that they are normal.

The symptoms that you are describing suggest that you should consult your doctor and get a thorough examination done. If an electrocardiogram is normal then you may require a tread mill test to rule out a cardiac cause of the pain. If the investigations are normal then the pain could be of muscular origin.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal