Feeling heaviness in anus after having food. Which specialist should I consult?

Question
hi, my problem is that after having my food i feeling heaviness in my anus it it gives me upset mind and im not able nto consntrate my work its happening since 5to 6 years can u help me out what would be the reason and which specialist dr. sholuld i visit and what types of test should be done thnx and regards.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Feeling of heaviness in anus after food can be due to Gastrocolic reflex. When we eat food, our body tries to create more space for food by increasing peristalsis. Thus old digested food can reach to anus giving a feeling of heaviness or urge to defecate. Amount of food and fat content of food can increase it.

You can get some relief by avoiding fats in food and taking food in small quantity. For relief you can try to evacuate it also.

If problem persists, you should consult a Gastroenterologist.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Feeling heaviness in anus after having food. Which specialist should I consult? 4 hours later
hi, thank you for this satisfied answer can u recommend any good medicine for this problem and which food should i avoid to eat and any other more suggestions regarding this problem.
thnx,
regards.

Welcome again,

You should take less quantity of food at a time and avoid fried food and mava sweets. Restrict consumption of tea to 2 cups a day. Prefer some curd with food. You can eat lookhi chapatis. Quantity of oil/ghee in subji should be minimum. Your diet should be fiber XXXXXXX Drink more water throughout the day. Spare time for morning and evening walk.

You can take T. Unienzyme twice daily just after your meal and T. Supradyn one daily with food. for a week.

With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma