Feeling heaviness and pull over. Whole body went numb and weak. Feel lightheaded. What can this be?

Dec 2013

The other morning I was anxious and driving my daughter to school..I started to feel this heaviness that I had to pull over... Then all of a sudden my whole body went numb and weak from head to toe....was that a panic attack or something else... It lasted about 2 minutes and then the feeling went away but felt so lightheaded when I got out of the so heart raced as the feeling was going away...didn't feel it race when I was having this attack.. I am so scared now...keep thinking about that feeling
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Suffered from early attack of Vasovagal syncope

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic.

After reading your query with diligence I can make out that you suffered from an early attack of "Vasovagal syncope" or also known as neurocardiogenic syncope.

It is a common entity in females where the type of symptoms are been felt. All the features you felt were part of early part of response. Other than this there are so many of the symptoms been felt and lastly there is transient loss of consciousness for few seconds only which you haven’t felt.

There are so many reasons for it but I have personally seen in my female patients to have either stress, lack of sleep, hunger (if you have not done your breakfast ) or anemia ( low hemoglobin level) to be the most common of the causes.

You do not worry about this event as is a very very common in females. You can XXXXXXX your family physician and discuss your problem so that the exact simple cause can be taken care of.

In between reduce your stress (if any), take a good heavy breakfast at the earliest and have good sleep of 8 hours.
Hope it cleared all your doubts. If you have any further doubts I will be happy to help or if not then can close the discussion and rate the answer.

With regards,
Dr Sanjay