Feeling heartbeat in throat and have shaky legs. What am I suffering from?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I am 24 yr old Male, From last 8-9 Months i am suffering from something that sometimes i feel as like my heart is beats to my throat for few seconds and go away, before it was happening daily as i would say twice a day, but now from last 2-3 Months it happens 3-4times a months, It is very disturbing feeling when it happen and this is not when i sit hanging my legs down on the chair or crossed legs, my legs shakes with the heart beat.

What is this ?
What would you suggest me ?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 9 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome,

The history you are saying may happen with some heart rhythm issues that are called missed beats.

In my opinion, definitely you should undergo ECG (Electrocardiogram) and a physician/cardiologist consultation.

If you can send me the ECG tracing, I may suggest you better. Please get it done and you may upload the tracing on this query page as a follow up.

You have a feature to upload the reports/images by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.

Wish you healthy heart. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Feeling heartbeat in throat and have shaky legs. What am I suffering from? 24 hours later
The ECG report which I have uploaded is 8 Months old.
Should i do it again or this will be fine and what would you suggest me for this missed beats, any food habit changes.

My query is..

Is this can be treated with medicine ?
Will this go away or will remain till my life ?
Is this XXXXXXX for heart and life threatening ?

I feel little bit of pressure in my lower left side of my chest.

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 1 hour later

I have seen your ECG; in this ECG, I could not find any missed beat.
Therefore, there is no question of treatment.

If you can send me the latest ECG, it may help.

In my opinion your heart rhythm are normal, even to rule out and for your satisfaction its better you do an ECG again and if there is no issue, you can leave it there.

Thank you for your query.