Feeling heart racing and faint. Suggested heart stress. Getting panic attack. What to do?

Hi less than two weeks ago I had to go to the hospital due to my heart racing and feeling faint. I had bloodwork done and was hooked up to a heart monitor for a few hours and they did a paper reading too. Everything was fine. The doctor felt it was a combination of factors such as heat stress etc... However when I was in the gym yesterday the same symptoms arose.. Very fast heart and feeling like I couldn't breath and wanting to faint.. I'm wondering if I need to go back and be checked out again or if it was some sort of panic attack as everyone keeps telling me it is and to just calm down.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
I have gone through your query and feel that probably you are undergoing some stress or anxieties,because EKG readings and heart monitoring are all normal.
However to be doubly sure,you may consult a cardiologist for a proper check up again to rule out any cardiac problem.
A proper assessement of your heart by a cardiologist would reassure you that there is nothing bad with your heart and it would help a great deal in calming you.
Once everything comes normal,your doctor may prescribe some anxiolytics to you that shall take care of your anxieties.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.