Feeling giddiness, weak, fatigue and have hair loss. What should I do?

Hello Doctor,

I feel giddiness, weak, fatigue and have hair loss.. when checked these symptoms look like IRON deficiency.

I remember 3 years ago, when hemoglobin test was done it was around 8.5. Recently I think this problem started.

Please let me know what to do.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in,
The symptoms you are having are most probably due to complete blood count done. If the hemoglobin is lower than the normal range, I would suggest you see a physician. You would need to take iron supplements for 3-6 months depending on the haemoglobin levels. Once the hameoglobin levels come back to normal, you would need to take the iron for another 6 months to replenish the stores. Also, you would need a folic acid supplement alongside.
Simultaneously, please take a healthy and balanced diet with dal, beans, fish, and poultry.
I hope I have answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.