Feeling giddiness, have severe headache and body pain. Any treatment?

Psychiatrist
Question
i am having a severe headache and body pain ,I have taken ashwagandha in last two days,m also feeling giddiness,also i am deficent in vitamin d3 and b12 ,on taking vitamin b12 my bp rises and i have hyperactivity ,pls guide
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 28 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

You case is interesting and but difficult too due to multiple morbidities. Even your attending physician is facing to solve it. I will try to give my best effort to reduce your suffering.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Hypertension: Monitor BP. You may need treatment with antihypertensives from physician, if it is persistently high.
•     Anxiety disorder: need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. Vit B12 and D deficiency increases chances of anxiety disorder. symptoms of anxiety which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness (may present as hyperactivity), mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm (may explain headache and bodyache), heaviness in body, easy fatigability, dizziness, fluctuation in BP with severity of anxiety, sleep disturbance, palpitation and dry mouth.
•     Vitamin deficiency: So continue B12 and Vit D preparation.
•     Side effect of substance use (stop use if present)
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done
•     Neurological problem: You may require MRI brain after examination.
•     Combination of some of the above problem.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Ashish XXXXXXX Mittal

Follow-up: Feeling giddiness, have severe headache and body pain. Any treatment? 10 minutes later
sir the above symptoms of muscle spasm (may explain headache and bodyache), heaviness in body, I have only after i take b12 suppliment ,since m deficent so i take but its ends in the above symptoms,my bp remains constant but it rises after taking vitamin b12 medicnes ,taking vitamin d3 suppliment i dont feel any harm ,m ok with it

so struck in this problem why it rises after taking b12 suppliment

second problem is i am having body ache and headache i start feeling sleepy after taking any suppliment may it be a multi vitamin or so

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

It is unusual to get high BP after B12 injection. You may be having some unexplainable idiosyncratic reaction with it. In that case, I would prefer to stop it.

For B12 deficiency you have option to shift on oral preparations containing methylcobalamine like: Rejunex or Vibrania.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Feeling giddiness, have severe headache and body pain. Any treatment? 6 minutes later
thanks for the reply

doctor my problem is if i take any multivitamin suppliment I feel slepiness and muscle spas all over body ,pls guide me if this thing is related to nervous system

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 minutes later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Again sleepiness and muscle spasm unusual with vitamins.

Take vitamin preparation in single dose before sleep, that will help you from sleepiness side effect.

Hope oral preparation will not cause pain to you. If pain occur than it is better to change preparation in physician supervision.

I also doubt anxiety in your case, so psychiatrist consultation will help you too. Apart from that, also follow other steps mentioned in primary reply.

Wish you good health.
Regards.