Feeling fullness in stomach, noticed bump above belly button. Have acid reflux. Could it be hernia?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, I just made an appt with my Dr. But was wondering if I could ask a question. I have noticed for a month or so a fullness feeling in my stomach after eating and then noticed a bump above my belly button that protrudes when I breathe out and I have my finger there.i also notice my bowel movements seem incomplete many times or small. I have acid reflux issues from time to time...could this be a hernia?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 14 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

Yes this could be a para umbilical hernia

Fullness and incomplete bowels both can be because of this if the contents are bowel loops

It it better you get yourself examined clinically and get operated if need be

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead