Feeling full in stomach, soreness in upper abdomen and loss of appetite. Underlying cause?

General Surgeon
For the last 3 days, I have had a "full" feeling in my stomach, slight soreness in what seems to be the upper abdomen and a resulting decline in appetite (I get full quickly). Just today I drank a large glass of water, several minutes later I burped and up came a bright yellow frothy substance. I am a 36 year old male in generally good health. I was a heavy smoker up to 1 year ago, since then I have not had a smoke.
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms are most likely caused by stomach disease including peptic ulcer, inflammation or even a cancer. That is why it is extremely important to rule out this diseases if any nonspecific stomach symptoms appear.
I suggest you to have some diagnostics. Abdominal ultrasound, full blood work, liver tests, amylase and upper GI endoscopy should be performed. Helicobacter Pylori during the endoscopy should be also done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.