Feeling food is stuck and completely digested. Feel vomiting. HAving migraine. Guidance

General Surgeon
There are times that I feel as though food I have swallowed is stuck at top of my stomach. It creates a urge to "burb" but it doesn't help (or I can't "burb") or relieve the feeling. The food isn't stuck as I am able to drink or swallow more food. Often I have to just try to lean back and let the "stuck" feeling go away after several minutes of essentially not moving. This "stuck" feeling does not happen every time but has been occurring with greater frequency. One time it happened I would vomit any time I swallowed anything, including saliva; this lasted several hours. I am a 44 year old male, non-smoker, that is in average health. Other than migraines, there are no health issues.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such stuck feeling can be caused by narrowing of the esophagus. This can be the first symptom of serious esophagus disease and should not be neglected. It can be esophagus inflammation, esophagus diverticle or even esophagus cancer. You may also have chest burning, loss of appetite, weight loss. If this symptoms are present, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible.

It is strongly advisable at your case to have gastroscopy done. Please do not neglect your symptoms and get it done as soon as possible.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.