Feeling foggy, trouble in concentrating. Family history of aneurysm, gall bladder. What are the risks?

Hi Dr.Grief (is that your real name????) :) I am a 50 y.o. healthy, white, non-smoking female. I am 140 lbs 5.4". I work out regularly with walking, jogging, yoga. My symptoms very recently (within the last month) are: inability to rise quickly in the morning, feel foggy most of the day, have trouble concentrating, have trouble keeping my energy level up. Family history: father had aneurism, mother had gall bladder issues, both were smokers. Father died at 74 of COPD. Mother is still alive at 78.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 55 minutes later

Thanx for posting your query on XXXXXXX

The symptoms posted by you are very general and could fit into any illness. I would like to know if you also have generalized weakness, excessive sleepyness, lethargy, weight gain or loss or any other specific symptoms.

In the abscence of more inputs, i would suggest you take a complete health check up. This should include a complete blood count, blood sugar levels both fasting and post prandial, LFT, KFT, Lipid Profile, Calcium and Vit D3 levels, Thyroid Function Test, ECG, X-Ray Chest, USG W/A, Urine RE/ME. You should also get your BP checked at regular intervals.

After having done these tests you may either post them on the net and i will be pleased to guide you further or you may consult your physician who will then advise you accordingly.

In the meanwhile you should take care of your diet which should be healthy, balanced and XXXXXXX in fruits and micronutrients. Maintain a disciplined lifestyle. You are a nonsmoker which is good. If you consume alcohol, it should be in moderation. A good night sleep does wonders to one`s general health and morale. You may take some vitamins and calcium supplements.Indulge in some kind of physical exercise and pursue a hobby.

I hope this will be of some help. More on getting further inputs from you.